ONSTAGE NOW! Sondheim’s wonderfully wicked
musical, Into The Woods!
Reviews of “Into the Woods”
“Dare To Go INTO THE WOODS at the Wilmington Drama League!”
by Lila Achuff – Stage Magazine
What do a cow, a cape, hair and a slipper have in common? A Stephen Sondheim fairy-tale musical, of course! Now put together the familiar stories of â€śCinderellaâ€ť, â€śLittle Red Riding Hoodâ€ť, â€śRapunzelâ€ť and â€śJack and the Beanstalkâ€ť. Now what? You got it! We have one whimsically clever, yet sophisticated, story wherein all these characters, plus a few more, interact with each other to weave a tale of fiction sprinkled with shavings of reality and lots of comedy dust. Thereâ€™s enough of the latter to keep everyone laughing.
Read the full review…
Going Into the Woods at the Wilmington Drama League
by Charles “Ebbie” Alfree III – Delaware Arts Info
Director Chris Turnerâ€™s delightful production boasts wonderful performances by the ensemble cast. Ed Emmi gives a charismatic performance as the Narrator of the show. Patrick Ruegsegger and Victoria Healy enthrall as the desperate baker and his wife. Theyâ€™re great timing and superb voices are perfect for the roles. Zack Langrehr and Rebecca Gallatin are splendid as Jack and his mother. Both actors exquisitely bring the mother/son relationship to life and delicately handle the woes their charactersâ€™ must face. Christy Watt as the sassy Little Red Riding Hood and Shelli Haynes Ezold as the evil Witch give devilishly FUN performances. Both women bring out their inner-divas and command attention. Ms. Haynes Ezold rendition of â€śChildren Will Listenâ€ť in the finale is absolutely gorgeous.
Read the full review…
AUDITION: Avenue Q
Auditions for the musical Avenue Q are Sunday June 16 and Monday June 17, at 7pm! (details…)
AUDITION: Steel Magnolias
Auditions for this quintessential southern comedy-drama of friendship and trust are June 23rd and 24th. Get all the details…
“For Whom the Southern Belle Tolls” Wins!
Congratulations to the cast and crew of WDL’s “For Whom the Southern Belle Tolls” for winning the state one-act competition at DTAFest on March 2.
Summer Youth Acting Classes
It may be chilly now, but it’s time to start thinking about summer! Information and registration for Doorway to Drama, WDL’s summer youth acting classes.
WDL’s 2012-2013 Season is HERE!!
Look for your season brochure in the mail! If you’d like to be added to our email list, just use the form to the right! To get on our snail-mail list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gypsy | September 14 to 23 | Directed by Tommy Fisher-Klein
- The Boys Next Door | October 26 to November 4| Directed by Deb Johnson
- The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe | December 14 to 29| Directed by Zack Langrehr & Crissy Montgomery
- Ragtime the Musical | February 1 to 10| Directed by Jeffrey Santoro
- Ruby M. Stanley One-Act Festival | February 22 & 23| Directed by Joe Pukatsch, Rob Teitze, Mike Barko, Eric Merlino and Helene DelNegro
- Butterflies are Free | March 15 to 24| Directed by Doreen Weiss
- Romeo and Juliet | April 26 to May 5| Directed by Chris Turner
- Into The Woods
June 7 to 16
Directed by Chris Turner
- Jeff Walker Youth One-Act Festival | August 2013
WDL in the News
- Children and teen acting classes are back this fall! If you’re between the ages of 7-15 come spend your summer with Ms. Kathy and learn all about acting!!! Download the form for more information.
The Wilmington Drama League survives on the generosity of our patrons, volunteers, and donors – we couldn’t do it without you! You can donate online by clicking here.
For a contribution of $250, we will affix an engraved brass plaque on the arm of one of the theatreâ€™s 254 seats. The funds generated by this campaign benefit the WDL Endowment Fund. [more]
This program is made possible, in part, by a grant from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a stage agency dedicated to nurturing and supporting the arts in Delaware, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts.